Wild & Sublime® now accepting applications for a Social Media and Communications Associate.
This lively part-time job covers a range of skills—a position that you can use for additional income or to build your resume. Feel good about having a job that promotes sex-positivity!
Wild & Sublime is a twice-monthly podcast and periodic live talk show about sex seen through an inclusive lens. Through interviews, panel discussions, Q&As, entertainment, and more, audiences get the latest info on sex presented in a warm and irreverent style by host/educator Karen Yates.
What is Wild & Sublime?
Wild & Sublime Podcast: 35-50 minutes, 2x/month. Most episodes consist of a main 1:1 interview, panel discussion, or recording of a live show. The W&S pod is on all major podcast platforms.
Wild & Sublime live show: 4-5/year. Typically the shows are done in Chicago at Constellation or the Hungry Brain and are approximately 2 hours long. In addition to interviews and discussions, they feature audience participation, vendors, and entertainment.
Wild & Sublime merchandise: totes, coffee mugs, tees and more, are sold at our shows and online.
Wild & Sublime blog: hosted on our web page, feature the writings of guests and Karen Yates in interview or essay form.
Social Media and Communications Associate
Approximately 26 hours a month — $500/month
Percentage of duties:
Social media creation: 50%
This position answers directly to Karen Yates, executive producer.
- Strong writing skills
- Good design skills in keeping with current social media trends
- Excellent grasp of social media, especially Instagram and Facebook
- Excellent knowledge of sex-positive issues and emerging trends in that arena (passion and enthusiasm for these topics a strong plus)
- Ability to organize oneself and stay on schedule
- Ability to listen to and integrate feedback
- Good understanding of how to work with a brand kit
- Some college education
- Familiarity with social media programming platforms like Buffer or Hootsuite
- Familiarity with basic design programs like Canva
- Familiarity with podcast hosting platforms like Buzzsprout a plus but not necessary
- Familiarity with AI transcription programs like Otter a plus but not necessary
Podcast writing (1.5 hours/month)
- Write show notes using W&S template for the twice-monthly episodes
E-blast writing (3 hours/month)
- Write twice-monthly eblast copy (based on our current e-blast style) that covers new episodes, sex-positive stories of note, promo of W&S items or shows
Website writing (.5 hours/month)
- Write brief intro copy for podcast episodes or blog posts
- Write brief copy for new merchandise
Research (1.5 hours/month)
- Research potential guests
- Research stories of note for e-blast
- Research sex-positive resources for website page
Edit transcriptions and reformat for website (3 hours/month)
- Edit podcast transcript in Otter, correcting any mistakes made in the AI transcription
- When completed, perform basic re-formatting and editing for uploading to website
- Occasional interview transcription/edits for website blog
Social Media creation and programming (12 hours a month or 3 hours/week)
- Write and post content to Facebook (3x/week) and Instagram (4x/week) using Buffer and/or Buzzsprout on a weekly schedule
- Interact with others on IG and FB
- Design and write IG and FB posts and stories using Canva
- Work with Karen Yates on post ideas
- Oversee monthly SM calendar based on podcast and show schedule
Communicate with the approximately 6-7 monthly podcast/live show guests by email (1.5 hours a month)
- Send guests intake form and request for promo pix
- Keep track of responses and oversee schedule (includes day of show)
- Follow up with Zoom tech instructions prior to interview
- After interview, follow up prior to ep drop
One or two monthly phone or Zoom check-ins with Karen and web designer (1 hour a month)