We all know sensual massage is a great way to connect with a partner and add a new dimension to intimacy—but what if you’re not sure what to do exactly?
In this 3-hour workshop with a licensed massage therapist, learn the basics of sensual massage—varieties and types of strokes, communication, and more! The workshop is inclusive—all folks and sexual orientations welcome.
* This is a clothing-on workshop designed to allow you to learn sensual touch in a safe, casual environment. No nudity. *
Saturday, April 25 (2 to 5pm)
Magnolia House Studio
2908 W Fullerton #202, Chicago
Early bird rate until April 22nd: $98/pair
Regular rate: 110$/pair
Limited to 8 pairs of participants (16 people total)
Get your tickets now!
Recently seen on February’s Wild & Sublime, massage therapist Nina Lichtenstein will lead the class in a friendly, open style that will put you at ease. She will be assisted by Karen Yates, host of Wild & Sublime. The workshop will be conducted at Magnolia House, a light-filled studio in Logan Square.
You must sign up as a pair, but if you are single, bring a friend! The touch that is taught in this workshop can easily be amended to platonic contact. Learn skills that will be invaluable as you date and meet people!
What you will learn
- Easy ways to connect instantly and deeply with a partner when you first come together.
- A basic outline of strokes that can be easily mastered without advanced massage knowledge.
- Varieties of touch and knowing when to change up what you’re doing.
- How to communicate with a partner rather than assume you know what they want. Nina will tell you what to say and how to listen!
- How to stay comfortable while giving the massage.
- For receivers: learn how to ask to be touched the way you want.
Preparing for the workshop
- What to bring: a blanket and two pillows per couple.
- What to wear: comfortable, thinner clothing, like a tee-shirt, yoga clothes, shorts or sweatpants. No jeans.
- Accessibility: Studio is one flight of stairs up. There is a private elevator. Please contact organizer for access on day of event. There are wheelchair-accessible bathrooms on the same floor as workshop.
About Nina Lichtenstein
Nina works in a style called Nurturing Therapeutic Massage. She studied at the Scherer Institute of Natural Healing in Santa Fe, NM, and combines myofascial, range of motion, and Swedish techniques to address clients’ needs.
About Karen Yates
With over twenty years’ experience as a successful theater creator and performer, Karen Yates is also a somatic sex educator who has studied at the Institute of Somatic Sex Education in Canada, and a certified Tantra educator. Combining her knowledge of live entertainment and sexuality, her mission is to help people become more comfortable and open to learn about and discuss sex in a community setting.
Q: What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
A: There is metered street parking on Milwaukee. Free parking on Fullerton and side streets. Come early to find parking. On the Fullerton bus line. Closest el stop is Blue Line at California. It’s a bit of a walk.
Q: What’s the refund policy?
A: No refunds.