PODCAST EPISODE 8 with HOST KAREN YATES
How much sex education did you get in school? Was it (how can we say this politely) at all useful?
Sex educator and writer Heather Corinna talks about founding the popular website Scarleteen and their books on sex and relationships for pre-teens, teens and young adults. Storyteller Archy Arch J tells a tale of high school sexual experimentation with (gasp!) his girlfriend. And Karen Yates’ Sermon on the Pubic Mound® about making more room for pleasure in everyday life.
This is the third episode in a three-part series on sex ed, parenting, and getting free of the sex lies we heard as kids. Catch up on part one, Sex Lies, and part two, The Sex Positive Parent. Let us know what you thought!
- INTERVIEW: Author and founder of Scarleteen Heather Corinna on sexuality and relationships for teens and young adults. (2:24)
From the March 2019 live show
- AUDIENCE Q&A: Sex-positive parenting with Heather Corinna and kinkster and dom Peter/MksThingsHappin (18:28)
- PERFORMANCE: Storyteller Archy Arch J tells the story of his first sexual encounter (24:30)
From the December 2019 live show
- SERMON ON THE PUBIC MOUND: Interrupting the tendency to overwork and learning to find pleasure in the everyday (34:20)
- Heather Corinna
- Walt Disney’s The Story of Menstruation (1946)
- Virtual OUTSpoken LGBTQ Storytelling
- Got a hot topic in mind? Pitch us an article!
Subscribe & Listen
Go to your favorite podcast app to subscribe. The podcast is currently available in the following apps and networks: